PIAC’s submission addresses the review of the Customer Contract for Hunter Water Corporation being undertaken by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART). IPART’s Issues Paper on the review notes that ‘the Customer Contract is to define the relationship between Hunter Water and its customers’. PIAC’s submission discusses opportunities to improve this relationship through strengthened consumer protections and more transparent delivery of information.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office
- 21 Dec 2022Overhaul of energy concessions needed as three million households struggle to pay their energy bills