The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) is currently developing a Retail Pricing Information Guideline. The aim of the Guideline is to assist small customers gain access to information so they can compare prices, fees and conditions of energy offers. This submission responds to the AER’s Position Paper: AER Retail Pricing Information Guideline and the included draft. In an earlier submission to this process, PIAC outlined five policy principles aimed at facilitating equitable access to effective information for consumers as they make choices about energy retail offers. Continuing this theme, PIAC puts these principles into practice to demonstrate how the Retail Pricing Information Guideline could foster more accessible information to a diverse range of energy consumers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals