The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) is currently developing a Retail Pricing Information Guideline. The aim of the Guideline is to assist small customers gain access to information so they can compare prices, fees and conditions of energy offers. This submission responds to the AER’s Position Paper: AER Retail Pricing Information Guideline and the included draft. In an earlier submission to this process, PIAC outlined five policy principles aimed at facilitating equitable access to effective information for consumers as they make choices about energy retail offers. Continuing this theme, PIAC puts these principles into practice to demonstrate how the Retail Pricing Information Guideline could foster more accessible information to a diverse range of energy consumers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office
- 21 Dec 2022Overhaul of energy concessions needed as three million households struggle to pay their energy bills