The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) is currently developing a Retail Pricing Information Guideline. The aim of the Guideline is to assist small customers gain access to information so they can compare prices, fees and conditions of energy offers. This submission responds to the AER’s Position Paper: AER Retail Pricing Information Guideline and the included draft. In an earlier submission to this process, PIAC outlined five policy principles aimed at facilitating equitable access to effective information for consumers as they make choices about energy retail offers. Continuing this theme, PIAC puts these principles into practice to demonstrate how the Retail Pricing Information Guideline could foster more accessible information to a diverse range of energy consumers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies