The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) is currently developing a Retail Pricing Information Guideline. The aim of the Guideline is to assist small customers gain access to information so they can compare prices, fees and conditions of energy offers. This submission responds to the AER’s Position Paper: AER Retail Pricing Information Guideline and the included draft. In an earlier submission to this process, PIAC outlined five policy principles aimed at facilitating equitable access to effective information for consumers as they make choices about energy retail offers. Continuing this theme, PIAC puts these principles into practice to demonstrate how the Retail Pricing Information Guideline could foster more accessible information to a diverse range of energy consumers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned
- 12 Feb 2021Overhaul needed for water planning
- 4 Feb 2021Energy rule-maker rejects rent-seeking bid, protects consumers