to the second edition of PIAC’s Mental Health e-news.
Health Month in October provides everyone with an opportunity to recognise
those in the community that are vulnerable, and to reduce the stigma around mental
PIAC, we advocate for the rights of those experiencing mental illness. The
Mental Health Legal Services Project (MHLSP) provides specialist services to
people in need. The MHLSP will mark Mental Health Month with a set of activities
in its four pilot projects at Gamarada, the Shopfront Youth Law Centre, the
Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association (MDAA), and the NSW Service for the Treatment and Rehabilitation
of Torture and Trauma Survivors (STAARTS).
in October, PIAC will be welcoming its new CEO, Edward
you for your continuing interest in the MHLSP. If you would like to include
others in our mailing please send an email to [email protected] with the details.
Chalmers, Co-ordinator, Mental
Health Legal Services Project.
In this edition:
- Commendation from the Mental Health Association
- Gamarada information night open to the public
- Valuing People with Disability in Australia’s Migration Program
- Persistence solves Centrelink dilemma
- In my view: Shopfront Social Worker, Jamie Alford
- Evaluating the Mental Health Legal Services Project