The Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) commissioned the Institute for Sustainable Futures (ISF) at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) to consider the economic case for and against privatisation of electricity assets in NSW. The report, Electricity Supply in NSW: Alternatives to Privatisation, reviews Australian and international experiences with electricity privatisation, critically examines the case for privatisation made by the Owen Report and proposes alternatives that have the potential to deliver a more sustainable future for the NSW electricity industry.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 20 Jan 2023Australia fails to meet anti-torture deadline
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office