The Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) commissioned the Institute for Sustainable Futures (ISF) at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) to consider the economic case for and against privatisation of electricity assets in NSW. The report, Electricity Supply in NSW: Alternatives to Privatisation, reviews Australian and international experiences with electricity privatisation, critically examines the case for privatisation made by the Owen Report and proposes alternatives that have the potential to deliver a more sustainable future for the NSW electricity industry.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Dec 2023It's legal to deny insurance on mental health grounds, but Belle wants that changed
- 30 Nov 20232SER: Uncovering misuse of handcuffs in immigration detention
- 17 Nov 20232SER: Fighting the NDIS age cap at the UN
- 16 Nov 2023Asylum seeker settles handcuff case against Serco, govt
- 15 Nov 2023Commonwealth settles case with asylum seeker who missed medical appointments because of handcuff PTSD