The Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) commissioned the Institute for Sustainable Futures (ISF) at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) to consider the economic case for and against privatisation of electricity assets in NSW. The report, Electricity Supply in NSW: Alternatives to Privatisation, reviews Australian and international experiences with electricity privatisation, critically examines the case for privatisation made by the Owen Report and proposes alternatives that have the potential to deliver a more sustainable future for the NSW electricity industry.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 19 Sep 2022Activists Want The UN To Look Into Inhumane Use Of Handcuffs On Asylum Seekers
- 19 Sep 2022Being handcuffed for medical appointments left asylum seeker Yasir shaken. Why is it happening?
- 16 Sep 2022Call for UN torture watchdog to investigate Australia’s handcuffing of asylum seekers en route to medical care
- 16 Sep 2022Handcuffing in Australian immigration detention needs urgent review ahead of UN visit
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability