PIAC coordinated a group of NGOs, including the Australian Branch of the International Commission of Jurists, Australian Lawyers for Human Rights, the University of Sydney Institute of International Law, NSW Community Legal Centres and NSW Civil Liberties to make public comment on NSW Government legislation allowing police to execute search warrants secretly or “covertly” without notice the occupiers of a property or their neighbours, thereby infringing the human right to privacy.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 30 Oct 2023Police bin unjust surveillance amid 'bombshell' report
- 30 Oct 2023Unreasonable, unjust, oppressive and improperly discriminatory: watchdog blasts police on STMP
- 30 Oct 2023NSW Police use of Suspect Targeting Management Plan could meet 'threshold for serious misconduct'
- 30 Oct 2023Report finds NSW Police suspect lists led to 'gross over-representation' of Indigenous people
- 29 Oct 2023NSW Police are not closing the gap