PIAC coordinated a group of NGOs, including the Australian Branch of the International Commission of Jurists, Australian Lawyers for Human Rights, the University of Sydney Institute of International Law, NSW Community Legal Centres and NSW Civil Liberties to make public comment on NSW Government legislation allowing police to execute search warrants secretly or “covertly” without notice the occupiers of a property or their neighbours, thereby infringing the human right to privacy.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 17 Aug 2022‘No child belongs in prison’: 128,000 signatures to raise the age in NSW and Victoria
- 15 Aug 2022‘A huge toll on my mental health’: challenge to the use of segregation as punishment in youth justice centres
- 15 Aug 2022‘It broke my mind’: Former youth detainee sues after being held in solitary confinement
- 27 Jul 2022Pandemic policing: The impact of COVID-19 fines on the justice system
- 4 Jul 2022NSW Police Targeting First Nations Kids With System Of ‘Pro-Active’ Monitoring