PIAC, together with Kingsford Legal Centre and CCLCG, made a joint submission to the AHRC inquiry, Freedom of Religion in the 21st Century.* PIAC contributed to the submission on international standards, ‘religious bodies’ exceptions in state and territory anti-discrimination laws and comment on the NSW Attorney General’s intervention in the ongoing matter of OV & OW v Wesley Mission (currently on appeal to the ADT Appeal Panel).
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 6 Feb 2020Religious discrimination bill: what will Australians be allowed to say and do if it passes?
- 30 Jan 2020Provisions of Religious Discrimination Bill too ‘severe’, human rights commissioner says
- 10 Dec 2019Religious Discrimination Bill remains a threat to human rights
- 16 Jan 2019Commonwealth Bank settles discrimination claim by blind Australians over touchpad devices
- 13 Jun 2018New report calls for urgent reform to standard of care in immigration detention