In early 2009 the Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) brought together academic, community, industry, and government representatives for the Energy + Water Consumers’ Advocacy Program Carbon & Consumers Conference. Participants examined the impacts of the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme (CPRS) and other carbon mitigation policies on disadvantaged energy consumers and explored their capacity to respond as expected. This report presents the conference proceedings including keynote and panelist addresses and outcomes from delegate workshops.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable