This report forms PIAC’s submission to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales (IPART) in response to its Draft Report and Draft Determination, Review of regulated retail tariffs and charges for electricity 2010-2013. This submission follows PIAC’s previous submission to the Issues Paper, Review of regulated retail tariffs and charges for electricity 2010-2013.PIAC raises concern about the unprecedented price increases outlined in the draft determination and uncertainty about the level of competition in the NSW retail market. PIAC also suggests measures that would assist households with these risks.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals