This report forms PIAC’s submission to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales (IPART) in response to its Draft Report and Draft Determination, Review of regulated retail tariffs and charges for electricity 2010-2013. This submission follows PIAC’s previous submission to the Issues Paper, Review of regulated retail tariffs and charges for electricity 2010-2013.PIAC raises concern about the unprecedented price increases outlined in the draft determination and uncertainty about the level of competition in the NSW retail market. PIAC also suggests measures that would assist households with these risks.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office
- 21 Dec 2022Overhaul of energy concessions needed as three million households struggle to pay their energy bills