This report forms PIAC’s submission to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales (IPART) in response to its Draft Report and Draft Determination, Review of regulated retail tariffs and charges for electricity 2010-2013. This submission follows PIAC’s previous submission to the Issues Paper, Review of regulated retail tariffs and charges for electricity 2010-2013.PIAC raises concern about the unprecedented price increases outlined in the draft determination and uncertainty about the level of competition in the NSW retail market. PIAC also suggests measures that would assist households with these risks.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned
- 12 Feb 2021Overhaul needed for water planning
- 4 Feb 2021Energy rule-maker rejects rent-seeking bid, protects consumers