This report forms PIAC’s submission to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales (IPART) in response to its Draft Report and Draft Determination, Review of regulated retail tariffs and charges for electricity 2010-2013. This submission follows PIAC’s previous submission to the Issues Paper, Review of regulated retail tariffs and charges for electricity 2010-2013.PIAC raises concern about the unprecedented price increases outlined in the draft determination and uncertainty about the level of competition in the NSW retail market. PIAC also suggests measures that would assist households with these risks.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable