The Ministerial Council on Energy released a Consultation Regulatory Impact Statement on Energy Bill Benchmarking. In this response, the Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) highlights the likely high costs of establishing and running a comprehensive bill benchmarking regime, and raises concern about whether this is a cost efficient means of reducing emissions. PIAC recommends that alternative programs are explored.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable