In September 2009, the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales began the process of reviewing the Sydney Water operating licence and customer contract. Recognising the operating licence and customer contract as fundamental elements of the regulatory framework that safeguards access to an adequate supply of water for Sydney households, PIAC prepared a submission to the Issues Paper. In its submission, PIAC expressed concern about the potential impact of the proposed plan-based licensing framework and contended that requirements relating to the code of practice on debt and disconnection, the Customer Council, customer service indicators, and customer contract must all be amended to better serve Sydney Water customers and consumers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned
- 12 Feb 2021Overhaul needed for water planning
- 4 Feb 2021Energy rule-maker rejects rent-seeking bid, protects consumers