In September 2009, the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales began the process of reviewing the Sydney Water operating licence and customer contract. Recognising the operating licence and customer contract as fundamental elements of the regulatory framework that safeguards access to an adequate supply of water for Sydney households, PIAC prepared a submission to the Issues Paper. In its submission, PIAC expressed concern about the potential impact of the proposed plan-based licensing framework and contended that requirements relating to the code of practice on debt and disconnection, the Customer Council, customer service indicators, and customer contract must all be amended to better serve Sydney Water customers and consumers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable