The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales (IPART) released an Issues Paper on the Review of Regulated Retail Tariffs and Charges for Electricity 2010 – 2013. The NSW Government has committed to retaining regulated tariffs at least until 2013 and the current determination on regulated retail tariffs cease to apply on 30 June 2010. In this response PIAC highlight concerns about competition levels in NSW electricity retail markets in light of the NSW Government proposal to privatise electricity assets, and urge IPART to consider the impact of price rises on low-income and vulnerable consumers who cannot and do not access existing assistance.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals