The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales (IPART) released an Issues Paper on the Review of Regulated Retail Tariffs and Charges for Electricity 2010 – 2013. The NSW Government has committed to retaining regulated tariffs at least until 2013 and the current determination on regulated retail tariffs cease to apply on 30 June 2010. In this response PIAC highlight concerns about competition levels in NSW electricity retail markets in light of the NSW Government proposal to privatise electricity assets, and urge IPART to consider the impact of price rises on low-income and vulnerable consumers who cannot and do not access existing assistance.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies