In 2009 the Australian Government Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism began consultation on the Energy White Paper by inviting comments on the Strategic Directions for the Energy White Paper and six discussion papers. The White Paper will guide energy policy, from exploration through to end use, to 2030 and beyond. In this submission PIAC expresses concern that the process is compromised by the composition of its Consultative Committee and that this has led to concerning positions in these documents, to the detriment of consumers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable