In 2009 the Australian Government Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism began consultation on the Energy White Paper by inviting comments on the Strategic Directions for the Energy White Paper and six discussion papers. The White Paper will guide energy policy, from exploration through to end use, to 2030 and beyond. In this submission PIAC expresses concern that the process is compromised by the composition of its Consultative Committee and that this has led to concerning positions in these documents, to the detriment of consumers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office
- 21 Dec 2022Overhaul of energy concessions needed as three million households struggle to pay their energy bills