In 2009 the Australian Government Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism began consultation on the Energy White Paper by inviting comments on the Strategic Directions for the Energy White Paper and six discussion papers. The White Paper will guide energy policy, from exploration through to end use, to 2030 and beyond. In this submission PIAC expresses concern that the process is compromised by the composition of its Consultative Committee and that this has led to concerning positions in these documents, to the detriment of consumers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals