This submission responds to the NSW Government’s Homelessness Strategic Framework Draft Consultation Paper. It comments on a number of the Government’s proposed strategic directions for the framework including Prevention and Early Intervention and Longer Term Accommodation and Community Support. It also urges the Government to consider the role of the NGO sector in developing and evaluating action items under the framework, provide new funding to the homelessness sector, and to ensure that homeless people are able to participate fully in shaping the decision-making processes that affect them
Media Releases & Coverage
- 19 Sep 2022Activists Want The UN To Look Into Inhumane Use Of Handcuffs On Asylum Seekers
- 19 Sep 2022Being handcuffed for medical appointments left asylum seeker Yasir shaken. Why is it happening?
- 16 Sep 2022Call for UN torture watchdog to investigate Australia’s handcuffing of asylum seekers en route to medical care
- 16 Sep 2022Handcuffing in Australian immigration detention needs urgent review ahead of UN visit
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability