This submission responds to the NSW Government’s Homelessness Strategic Framework Draft Consultation Paper. It comments on a number of the Government’s proposed strategic directions for the framework including Prevention and Early Intervention and Longer Term Accommodation and Community Support. It also urges the Government to consider the role of the NGO sector in developing and evaluating action items under the framework, provide new funding to the homelessness sector, and to ensure that homeless people are able to participate fully in shaping the decision-making processes that affect them
Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Sep 2023‘Bullet to the heart’: Grieving parents call for mental health role in police response
- 28 Sep 2023Legal Academics, experts, and advocates issue an open letter urging the NSW Government to implement mental health policing reforms.
- 7 Sep 20232SER: Reforming Australia's Freedom of Information laws
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas