PIAC believes in the need for all not-for-profit organisations to be accountable to the government and the community. In its submission PIAC argues that the not-for-profit sector is already subject to a lot of regulation and what is needed is better and more targeted regulation rather than more regulation. PIAC also notes that charities and not-for-profit organisations have been the subject of many inquiries and reports, and that very few of the recommendations have been implemented. PIAC argues that Senate Inquiry should build on the findings of these inquiries rather than conduct more research.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 24 Nov 2021Parliament must reject ‘worse than feared’ Religious Discrimination Bill
- 17 Nov 2021Axing ‘Folau clause’ small step forward, but bigger problems remain in Religious Discrimination Bill
- 15 Nov 2021Politics triumphs over evidence as Attorneys General fail on raising the age
- 11 Nov 2021Shoebridge Bill highlights need for action to raise the age
- 8 Nov 2021Mental health discrimination by insurers: new report calls for urgent ASIC investigation