PIAC believes in the need for all not-for-profit organisations to be accountable to the government and the community. In its submission PIAC argues that the not-for-profit sector is already subject to a lot of regulation and what is needed is better and more targeted regulation rather than more regulation. PIAC also notes that charities and not-for-profit organisations have been the subject of many inquiries and reports, and that very few of the recommendations have been implemented. PIAC argues that Senate Inquiry should build on the findings of these inquiries rather than conduct more research.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 18 May 2022Facing the Truth about Indigenous Australians
- 18 May 2022Law faces the truth on Indigenous impact
- 16 May 2022Disability discrimination case highlights challenges faced by airline customers travelling with electric wheelchairs
- 2 May 2022Rising electricity prices pushing households to the wall
- 30 Apr 2022‘I wanted my independence’: How Connor took on the NDIS and won