The Australian Government has committed to an expansion of the national mandatory Renewable Energy Target (RET) so that a minimum of 20 per cent of Australia’s electricity is generated from renewable sources by 2020. In its submission to the COAG Working Group on Climate Change and Water, PIAC supports the expansion of the RET but advocates that the scheme must minimise the cost to consumers and include measures to protect low-income households from higher electricity prices.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Dec 2023It's legal to deny insurance on mental health grounds, but Belle wants that changed
- 30 Nov 20232SER: Uncovering misuse of handcuffs in immigration detention
- 17 Nov 20232SER: Fighting the NDIS age cap at the UN
- 16 Nov 2023Asylum seeker settles handcuff case against Serco, govt
- 15 Nov 2023Commonwealth settles case with asylum seeker who missed medical appointments because of handcuff PTSD