The Australian Government has committed to an expansion of the national mandatory Renewable Energy Target (RET) so that a minimum of 20 per cent of Australia’s electricity is generated from renewable sources by 2020. In its submission to the COAG Working Group on Climate Change and Water, PIAC supports the expansion of the RET but advocates that the scheme must minimise the cost to consumers and include measures to protect low-income households from higher electricity prices.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 18 May 2022Facing the Truth about Indigenous Australians
- 18 May 2022Law faces the truth on Indigenous impact
- 16 May 2022Disability discrimination case highlights challenges faced by airline customers travelling with electric wheelchairs
- 2 May 2022Rising electricity prices pushing households to the wall
- 30 Apr 2022‘I wanted my independence’: How Connor took on the NDIS and won