The Australian Government has committed to an expansion of the national mandatory Renewable Energy Target (RET) so that a minimum of 20 per cent of Australia’s electricity is generated from renewable sources by 2020. In its submission to the COAG Working Group on Climate Change and Water, PIAC supports the expansion of the RET but advocates that the scheme must minimise the cost to consumers and include measures to protect low-income households from higher electricity prices.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 24 Nov 2021Parliament must reject ‘worse than feared’ Religious Discrimination Bill
- 17 Nov 2021Axing ‘Folau clause’ small step forward, but bigger problems remain in Religious Discrimination Bill
- 15 Nov 2021Politics triumphs over evidence as Attorneys General fail on raising the age
- 11 Nov 2021Shoebridge Bill highlights need for action to raise the age
- 8 Nov 2021Mental health discrimination by insurers: new report calls for urgent ASIC investigation