The Australian Government has committed to an expansion of the national mandatory Renewable Energy Target (RET) so that a minimum of 20 per cent of Australia’s electricity is generated from renewable sources by 2020. In its submission to the COAG Working Group on Climate Change and Water, PIAC supports the expansion of the RET but advocates that the scheme must minimise the cost to consumers and include measures to protect low-income households from higher electricity prices.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 3 Oct 2022UN says Australia must ensure equal access to free-to-air TV for people who are blind or vision impaired
- 19 Sep 2022Activists Want The UN To Look Into Inhumane Use Of Handcuffs On Asylum Seekers
- 19 Sep 2022Being handcuffed for medical appointments left asylum seeker Yasir shaken. Why is it happening?
- 16 Sep 2022Call for UN torture watchdog to investigate Australia’s handcuffing of asylum seekers en route to medical care
- 16 Sep 2022Handcuffing in Australian immigration detention needs urgent review ahead of UN visit