Seriously ill psychiatric patients committed to institutions against their will have to wait up to four weeks for a hearing into their detention.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 30 May 2023Over-representation of Aboriginal people in New South Wales prisons "highest on record"
- 30 May 2023Proportion of Aboriginal inmates in NSW hit a record 29.7% in February
- 30 May 2023‘Growing crisis’: Record level of Aboriginal people in NSW prisons, new data reveals
- 30 May 2023NSW prisons more unequal than ever with record level of Aboriginal people behind bars
- 23 Mar 20232SER: Police oversight body calls for an overhaul of ‘consorting laws’