SOME customers could be paying almost $900 more for a year’s electricity by 2013, as the impact of the Federal Government’s proposal to cut carbon emissions is felt in the household budget for the first time, with one group warning the increases ”will send many households into poverty”.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies