SOME customers could be paying almost $900 more for a year’s electricity by 2013, as the impact of the Federal Government’s proposal to cut carbon emissions is felt in the household budget for the first time, with one group warning the increases ”will send many households into poverty”.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office